Micronic has released innovative and traceable 1.50ml and 3.00ml Hybridtubes with external thread. Designed with special features for the storage of fresh frozen tissue samples, these uniform tissue storage products enable biobanks to standardize and automate the handling and storage of tissue samples in the same way as their liquid samples. As a result, the chance of mixing up tissue biopsy samples during handling is minimized, while sample integrity during storage is maximized.
Micronic is an independent organization with its headquarters located in Lelystad, the Netherlands. The company’s goal is to advance research by serving scientists in finding solutions that contribute to a higher quality of life. Micronic develop and manufacture a range of Dutch-designed products to enhance the process of sample preservation and storage. The products are produced in a certified class-7 clean room environment at facilities in both the Netherlands and the United States. Micronic’s labware equipment is also assembled in-house.
- Wide opening for easy loading
- Shallow depth allowing the removal of tissue samples with tweezers
- Various sizes of tissue samples can be stored in the tubes
- Optionally available with a transparent cap that makes visual checking of the enclosed tissue sample easy at a glance
- 2D Data-Matrix code on the tube bottom and a numeric human-readable code on the tube side wall
- White blank side surface of the tubes allow researchers to write on or laser their own specific identification codes.
- Available in a 1D barcoded Micronic ULT rack based on the automation-friendly ANSI/SLAS rack format
- Guaranteed absolute traceability
The high contrast 2D and human-readable codes are permanently laser-etched into the white surfaces, so that they can never wear or fall off. Additionally, the bottom code surface features a raised edge, which protects the 2D Data-Matrix code against accidental scratches. The white bottom and tube walls cannot be separated from the transparent tube due to the unique 2 component injection molding technique that Micronic uses to manufacture tubes.
Importantly, the external thread of the tubes eliminates the possibility of jammed tissue pieces in the screw thread, while the triple thread of the tubes ensures an excellent closure and horizontal placement of the cap. Due to thick tube walls, the tube has a sturdy design and excellent properties for ultra-low temperature storage. In addition to storage, the flat-bottomed tubes can also be used for secure transportation of tissue samples.