A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) is software, the primary purpose of which is to track and manage samples and the associated data. According to market research company Technavio, the global LIMS market size is projected to grow to USD 1.5 billion by 2021, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of almost 9% over the forecast period. LabVantage Solutions can provide a purpose-built LIMS for biobanking.
The LabVantage biobanking LIMS includes visualization, consent management, specimen accessioning, request management, and a genealogy viewer; hierarchical visualization of specimen storage, digitized consent forms linked to biospecimens, recorded specimen and subject information, standardized terminology, ability to search the specimen collections and clinical data, view a biospecimen’s aliquots, derivatives and pooled samples.
The LabVantage biobanking LIMS is capable of managing a biorepository that spans multiple physical biobanks. It can help streamline the typical biobank workflow:
- Patient consent – a patient agrees in writing to participate in a research study
- Sample collection – the patient sample(s) are collected
- Sample accessioning – demographics, medical records and clinical and quality annotations are linked to the sample
- Storage – samples are securely stored under a variety of conditions including ultralow temperatures
- Analysis – samples are retrieved and processed for various outputs including next generation sequencing
With more than 1500 customer sites in the life science, pharmaceutical, medical device, biobank, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, oil & gas, genetics/diagnostics, and healthcare industries, LabVantage Solutions offers an integrated laboratory informatics platform including LIMS, electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN), and laboratory execution systems (LES). In addition to biobanking LabVantage also offers sector specific LIMS in the aforementioned areas.
Pittcon is considered the world’s leading annual conference and exposition on laboratory science and attracts attendees from industry, academia and government from over 90 countries worldwide. LabVantage Solutions will be at Pittcon 2018, February 26 to March 1, in Orlando presenting their LIMS platforms.