Natera, Inc., provided an update on recent business progress.
Natera is a genetic testing company, founded in 2004, based in San Carlos, California, USA, that develops and commercializes non-invasive methods for analyzing DNA, as well as Evercord™, a cord blood and tissue banking service offered at birth to expectant parents. The mission of the company is to transform the diagnosis and management of genetic disease.
Natera operates an ISO 13485-certified and CAP-accredited laboratory certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in San Carlos, Calif. It offers a host of proprietary genetic testing services to inform physicians who manage pregnant women, researchers in cancer including biopharmaceutical companies, and genetic laboratories through its cloud-based Constellation™ software platform.
Product offerings include Spectrum®, a preimplantation genetic test for embryo selection during in vitro fertilization (IVF); Anora® to understand the genetic causes of a pregnancy loss; Horizon™ to detect risk of inherited mutations such as cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy; Panorama®, a non-invasive pregnancy test (NIPT) to screen for common chromosomal anomalies in a fetus as early as nine weeks of gestation; Vistara to screen for single-gene disorders that represent total incidence greater than Down syndrome; Evercord™, a cord blood and tissue banking service offered at birth to expectant parents; and Signatera™ (RUO), a personalized cell-free DNA test that can identify minimal residual disease, treatment response, and cancer recurrence to aid researchers in oncology.
Recent Accomplishments & Highlights included:
- Generated total revenues of $65.3 million in the third quarter of 2018 compared to $55.9 million in the third quarter of 2017, an increase of 17%.
- Processed 167,172 tests in the third quarter of 2018, compared to approximately 130,400 tests processed in the third quarter of 2017, an increase of approximately 28%.
- Processed approximately 115,000 Panorama tests in the third quarter of 2018, compared to approximately 91,200 Panorama tests processed in the third quarter of 2017, an increase of approximately 26%.
- Accessioned approximately 44,400 Horizon carrier screening (HCS) tests in the third quarter of 2018 compared to approximately 32,800 Horizon carrier screening tests accessioned in the third quarter of 2017, an increase of approximately 36%.
- Signed Phase 2 lung cancer study with Bristol-Myers Squibb to investigate the Signatera (RUO) assay as a potential biomarker for Opdivo.
- Announced Phase 1 study with Neon Therapeutics to evaluate its personalized cancer vaccine.
- More than 25 deals signed with leading pharmaceutical companies for Signatera (RUO).
- Completed enrollment of 20,000 patients in SMART trial for microdeletions.
- Successful completion of pre-submission meeting with CMS for kidney transplant rejection assay.
“We were very pleased to see our pipeline of initial studies with pharma evolving to multiple prospective clinical trials,” … “With core business growth, enrollment of the 20,000th patient in our SMART trial, progress along our planned reimbursement pathway in transplant, and new data to be released at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, we continue to make strong progress across the business.” – Matthew Rabinowitz, Natera’s Chief Executive Officer