ATCC (American Type Culture Collection) is a global biological materials resource and standards organization whose mission focusses on the acquisition, authentication, production, preservation, development, and distribution of standard reference microorganisms, cell lines, and other materials. ATCC also develops high quality products, standards, and services to support scientific research and breakthroughs that improve the health of global populations.
ATCC has been in operation since 1925 and has more than 3,800 primary, immortalized, and continuous cell lines as well as 85,000 microbial strains. ATCC has knowledge, experience and meticulous methodologies to support custom biological needs. This could be large scale manufacture of cell lines (master and working cell banks) or customized items from the ATCC catalog.
- >90 years experience in biological materials service
- Growing and authenticating standardized cell lines, microbial strains, and derivatives
- Flexible scaled cell production
- Biologic sample production
- High containment, specialized laboratories
- Fill and finish with fully automated vialing and labeling equipment
- Coverage of 150 countries with a network of distribution partners
- Preservation, storage and distribution of biological materials
- Certified facilities
- New specially designed biorepository allows for the large capacity storage of cell lines, microorganisms, and other biological materials.
- Master Cell Banks (MCB) and Working Cell Banks (WCB) produced, stored, and distributed to global locations
- Sample processing and analysis
- Long-term storage with flexible storage level choices
- Short-term storage
- Inventory management system
- All rights to materials remain with the customer
cGMP Compliant Storage
Dedicated, validated and restricted units, cGMP-trained staff with QC and QA oversight
- Tracking labels
- Segregated storage
ATCC is dedicated to packing and shipping of biological materials, with customer care representatives, and technical support staff that handle requests. ATCC reliably ships material worldwide.
- Knowledge of the regulations for all ship to countries
- Compliance with U.S. export and import requirements, permits, and licenses
- Track record